Varies banks and NBFC provides Student Credit Card in India for ongoing college students. Manage your emergency funds & daily expenses through this Credit Card.
Students Credit Card available with lower interest rate rewards points and extra discounts on different transactions.
Student Credit Card Quick Recap
|Basic Components||Card Details|
|Credit Limit||Up to 35,000|
|Card Validity||5 years|
|Eligibility Age||18 years or above|
|Eligible Students||College-Going Students|
|Rewards||Rewards Points depends on Banks|
What is Student Credit Card?
Individuals in college are eligible for Student Credit Cards. These credit cards do not have any income or eligibility requirements. As a result, any student over the age of 18 can apply for a student credit card. Credit cards have recently become a requirement.
Most of the banks provide student credit cards free of cost. You need to pay minimal annual fees.
Benefits of Student Credit Cards
No Joining Fees: Don’t need to pay any joining fees for college going student credit card. Most of the banks offering zero joining fees for this credit card.
Lower Interest Rate: Credit cards for students offering lower or minimum interest rates on the credit limit.
Minimum Documents: Apply for a student credit card with minimum documents. You just need KYC documents like Aadhaar Card, Pan Card to get this card.
Long Validity: Student Credit cards offering 5 years of card validity which is quite longer than a normal credit card.
Rewards Points: Get different types of rewards points through your Student Card. The cards also provide unique offers and discounts on services and purchases made all around the world.
Low Annual Charge: Students’ cards come with low annual charges through Banks/NBFC. Normal credit card charge 500 to 2000 for annual charges. But students can access this credit card with minimum charges.
Fees & Charges for Student Cards
|Annual Charges||Nil (Some banks taking minimum charges)|
|Credit Limit||Up to Rs. 35,000|
|Interest Fees||20-50 days Free (After that 2% – 3% charges per month)|
Student Credit Cards Eligibility
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Ongoing college students are eligible to apply
- Some Banks provides Credit card against fixed deposit. Minimum Rs. 10,000 amount required.
Documents Required for Student Credit Card
- You should be own Pan Card.
- Aadhaar Card
- Applicant’s birth certificate required
- Recent good quality Passport Size Photo
- Education Proof documents like a College ID
Best Student Credit Card In India
Here is the list of different Credit Cards for students. Choose the right one for yourself:
Bajaj Student Credit Card
- Bajaj Student Card is applicable with an education loan. If you have an Education loan with Bajaj Finserv, you will get a credit card.
- Bajaj Card offering Rs. 15,000 credit limits with extra rewards points.
- Use credit cards for different purposes like fuel expenses, buy books, online shopping & more.
- Interest-free ATM withdraws facility available with this card.
- Easily convert your total amount into EMI.
SBI Student Plus Advantage Card
- The card comes with features including the opportunity to convert all transactions to EMIs, a fuel cost of up to 2.5 % on all petrol purchases charged to the card, and so on.
- SBI Student Plus Advantage Card taking zero joining & annual fees on this card.
- This card offering Rs. 35,000 credit limits.
- You will get 1 reward point on Rs. 100 spend.
- 2.5% fuel charges wavier for any petrol pump in India.
HDFC Bank ForexPlus Credit Card
- For students studying abroad who want quick access to cash in several currencies, the HDFC Bank ForexPlus Card is a lifesaver.
- You may load your card with US dollars and then use it to make purchases in any currency.
- Daily ATM cash withdraw limit is the US $ 5000.
ICICI Bank Student Travel Credit Card
- ICICI bank student Travel credit card offering to load different type’s foreign currency.
- Payments may be made via a secure channel online, and everyday expenditures can be paid for at any store that accepts MasterCard.
- 5 different Credit Card available on ICICI bank student travel cards.
- Extra benefits & rewards are available on the student travel card.
Also Know: Credit Card Customer Care Number
How to Apply for Student Credit Card in India
You can apply for a student credit card in India without any income proof. But, you need to fulfill the bank’s requirement to get this card.
Follow the entire requirement to get a student credit card:
Against Student Loan: Some banks provide this credit card against student loans which are Education loans. Bajaj Finserv & SBI bank offering Student Credit Card after taking a student loan.
Against Fixed Deposit: A student with a minimum deposit can apply for a student credit card. It can be Rs. 10,000 to 25,000 to be deposit in the bank to get this card.
Add-on Card: If your family member holding any credit card, you can apply for a student credit card which is an add-on card. But, your eligibility age should be 18 years or above.
Savings Account with Good Transaction: Apply for a student card depend on good banking transaction history. If you have good relation with your bank, banks can give you this card.
Also Know: Dhani One Freedom Credit Card