If you’re looking to cancel your SBI credit card, then this post is for you. We will walk you through the steps of cancelling your card online and how it can help save money on interest charges.
This blog post explains how to cancel a State Bank of India Credit Card online so that you don’t have to go into the bank in person. It also outlines some of the benefits of doing so.
SBI Credit Card Customer Care
|Toll-free Number||1860 500 1290 / 1860 180 1290|
|City-wise Number||39020202 (use your City STD code)|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
How to Cancel SBI Credit Card Online
You can cancel your State Bank of India credit card online by following these steps-
To close an SBI credit card, you can write a letter and send it to your branch.
You will need the following details to cancel your card: current account number; type of card (credit or debit); name on the account; date of opening of the account; PAN/Form 60/61 if available.
In case you have lost track of these details then kindly call up their customer care at 1800 425 3800 from Monday through Saturday between 08:30 am – 07:30 pm.
Be prepared with all necessary information before calling them so that they don’t waste time asking unnecessary questions which could further delay processing cancellation requests for Credit Card.
Also Read: RBL MoneyTap Credit Card
SBI Credit Card Cancellation via Phone: Steps to Take
You may close your SBI credit card account by calling the hotline numbers 1860 500 1290, 1860 180 1290, or 1800 180 1290. (STD Code) 39020202 is an alternative SBI credit card cancellation customer service number.
- 1860 500 1290
- 1860 180 1290
- (STD Code) 39020202
Canceling an SBI Credit Card Online
You can also cancel your State Bank of India credit card online by following these steps:
- Log in to the state bank of India website.
- Click on ‘Customer Services at the top right corner of their homepage.
- On this homepage, under the ‘Internet banking services for customers’ section, click on ‘Cancellation & Disruption’.
- Enter your customer ID and password (if you have registered).
- Scroll down and select the option “cancel my cards” from the list provided below “other requests”.
- This will lead you to a new window where they ask whether it is a debit or credit card that is being cancelled. Provide details such as the name of the account holder.
- Certain details will be asked by the representative.
- In order to verify your identification and cancel your SBI credit card, you’ll need to provide us with your personal information.
Also Read: Slice Credit Card
Write Letter for SBI Credit Card Cancellation
Alternatively, you may mail a cancellation letter to the following address to discontinue your use of the credit card. Indicate in the letter if the cardholder is male or female. Don’t include your credit card number or PIN in your letter.
PO-Bag 28, GPO,
New Delhi- 110001
SBI Bank Credit Card Closing Issues
Before making a request to cancel your SBI Credit Card, consider the following points.
• Before closing a credit card account, be sure any outstanding balances are paid in full. To close your SBI Card account, you must first pay any outstanding balances.
• Check the latest credit card balance statement before cancelling the credit card to ensure that there are no fraudulent transactions on the card.
• It is important to not use the credit card before initiating a cancellation because card providers tend not to approve the cancellation if fresh payments have been made.
• You should also check the earned reward points.
Also Read: SBI Credit Card Customer Care
The Consequences of Cancelling Your Credit Card
You may be subjected to the following consequences.
Reduced Credit Score – Closing a credit card will result in a reduction in your total credit limit. This, in turn, raises the credit utilization ratio, which is the relationship between the credit limit and the amount of credit being used. Credit scores may be downgraded if the credit use ratio exceeds 30% of the credit limit, which is particularly true if the credit limit is exceeded.
Credit History Will Be Shortened – If you cancel one of your original credit cards, the duration of your credit history will be reduced. This might potentially influence your credit score.
Lesser Chance of Getting New Credit – If you frequently close and apply for credit cards, lenders may look at it as a risk issue. This will further prevent them from approving your requests to open new accounts
Reduced Benefits – If you have used any benefits such as reward points or air miles on the card before closing it, those privileges are likely to be lost after cancellation. You can redeem these rewards only if SBI allows doing so under special circumstances.
Call the bank at 1860-180-1290 or 39020202 (with the local STD code as a prefix) or email them at sbicorporate.[email protected] if you have any questions about your SBI credit card.
The bank would reinstate their closed or revoked SBI credit card after completing the relevant paperwork and regulations.